HyGEARS THE GEAR PROCESSOR
An optional feature in HyGEARS, the LTCA (i.e. Loaded Tooth Contact Analysis) establishes, from the digitized pinion and gear
teeth, the principal curvatures of the surfaces and the bending stiffness along the Path of Contact. These values are then used to
calculate how much load is carried by each meshing tooth pair - there is one or more tooth pair in contact at any time if the
contact ratio is greater than 1.
The obtained loads carried by the meshing teeth are then used to calculate the contact stresses
- hence the risk of pitting - and bending stresses - hence the risk of tooth breakage.
Other values obtained through the LTCA
- the sliding speeds,
- Blok's flash temperature,
- the maximum shear stress and at what depth it is occurring,
- the expected efficiency
based on a user-imposed coefficient of friction,
- and the expected oil film thickness.
The figure below illustrates a typical
- the upper left and right windows show the contact stress distribution over the tooth flanks;
- the lower left and right
windows can be cycled through 4 displays where different information is displayed.
Copyright (C) 2023 Involute Simulation Softwares Inc. All Rights Reserved